
So Sheba's new family came and picked her up on Friday night. I guess I'll find out at work on Monday how things are going. Saturday I did vacuuming and am now relishing having my house back to 'normal'. Definitely a lesson learnt. I was a little bit sad to see her go, but also very relieved that things have worked out as well as they have. So it was a dry-eyed farewell and readjustment period. Although Mum went out and bought a pot-plant for me, in the cat's stead... I suppose at least that won't leave poos in the bath.
We had the second week of church badminton on Friday night which was fun, although my shoulder still has a twinge of pain every now and then, if I make some sudden movement or try to smash. Anyway it feels good to be getting some exercise again.
Speaking of exercise our soccer game on Sunday was cancelled - it's been raining continuously here for the last 24 hours and the grounds are resembling a big duck pond. So it'll be another week to wait for my first post-recovery game.
This week being the last week of the school term, I'm organising the first CKC prize night, at my house - just like we had for KBC. There are 4 kids who have enough points to qualify, so hopefully it will be a fun time.
Two weeks to go until my next trip overseas: two days at Stanford for experiments on the way to a conference in New Hampshire. This is my first conference invitation, which means they are paying for most of the travel. It looks good on the ol' CV too! And it'll mean adding another state to the list of where I've been...
No comments:
Post a Comment