After the meeting at the project office we made our way to the Kindu ���hotel���, which is probably pretty good by Emali standards. It has running water and electricity ��� and not much else. The light in my bathroom doesn���t work, so I have to shower with the door ajar. But I would be really disappointed to be staying in a Hilton (a la Israel trip 2006).

Penthouse suite at the Kindu. Just try not to step on the floor...
We had some food (well, everyone else did ��� it was 9 pm by the time it was served, and I just wanted to go to bed), after we had discussed the schedule for the following day. We start by going to one of the schools, then it���s off to the project office again to meet our sponsored children. From there we go to lunch, with them, for a Maasai barbeque. Afterwards some of the group get to go with the children to visit their houses. Only six people are able to because of the locations involved, and I am one of them, so I am very thankful about that.
I think the thing I am most looking forward to will be to pray with Tom and his family. They opened and closed the meeting yesterday with prayer and I made sure to give a hearty ���amen��� ��� given that very few other people in our group are Christians. Wouldn���t it be awesome if they were able to notice that these people in Emali have something that they do not.
No comments:
Post a Comment