Thursday, June 5, 2008

I love airports (not) (1-2 June)

start here...

We met up with the others after showering and packing, checked out and headed to the airport. With two hours to kill we all dispersed to the shops and I managed to find a few things worth buying.

The flight from Johannesburg to Sydney was quite good: it was overnight this time and I got about 7 hours’ sleep. I also had a spare seat next to me, and the flight was not too full so we disembarked pretty quickly (for a 747).

At Sydney airport we farewelled Di and Colleen and faced another 3-4 hour wait for our final flight back home. Sam and I had quite a good chat about the air force and church etc. (and the trip, of course). Then it was goodbyes all around, as I was the only one going to Wellington and leaving slightly earlier than the others.

No comments: