Monday, April 23, 2012

22 April: Liverpool, day 3


I don't know what the population of Liverpool is, but I'm pretty sure they were all down at the docks this morning. Today was the finale of the 'Giants' street theatre show: three enormous marionettes mounted on cranes, moving slowly through the streets of Liverpool. It's supposed to be telling a partly fictional story about the Titanic, based on a letter sent by a little girl to her father who was on board (and obviously, never received it). Anyway we thought we'd stay and see the giants close up.



Later we went for a ferry ride across the Mersey. Unfortunately it was all themed around pirates etc. and didn't give a lot of information about the various buildings and things... I suppose in an effort to keep the locals entertained.



Two more things to finish off.

The funniest thing I saw today: a woman who came out of a department store with her friend. They sat down, and she proceeded to change her footwear from the jandals she was wearing to the Ugg boots she had just bought.

Finally, my self-appointed photo of the day:


(reflections as Albert Dock)

No comments: