Our flight from Heathrow to Singapore was my first on an A380. It ‘felt’ heavy during takeoff (which isn’t surprising), and it was significantly quieter than the other jet aircraft we’ve been on.
The plane from Singapore to Christchurch was virtually empty – everyone had a row of three seats to themselves, if they wanted it.
As a final treat, when we arrived at the Koru lounge to wait for our flight to Wellington, we were able to catch a glimpse of a new Boeing 787 Dreamliner coming in to land – the first one to arrive in NZ.
So that’s basically it for the holiday... so, time for some summing up.
The place I wish we could have spent a little more time: Strangely enough, Prague. Not so much more time in Prague, but the visitor centre had information about some places that would have made pretty neat day trips.
The place I reckon I could live if I had to: Vienna. The parks, the language, the way the society works, would probably be the easiest to fit into.
Weirdest place: Oslo. Without a doubt. Full of weirdos. Say no more!
Most interesting place: Venice. No cars, vans, taxis, even bikes – only canal and foot traffic. A completely different way of life.
Finally I just want to say thank you to everyone who’s stopped by to read what we’ve been up to. I hope you enjoyed the journey with us!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment