Monday, May 28, 2012

27 May: London

Today we started off with a family visit – at Calvary Chapel Westminster. I was quite surprised at how many people recognised me (even if they had forgotten my name... which doesn’t bother me too much, because I’d forgotten all of their names!). It’s always such a joy to visit there, because the church is a real mish-mash of people of all different races and walks of life – just like the body of Christ is all over the world. And yet despite these apparent differences, they are united in their love for Jesus.

After this we headed over to the Victoria coach station to wait for the 1:30 pm bus to Windsor. Which was scheduled according to the info at the stop to arrive at 1:45 pm. And didn’t actually arrive until nearly 2:00... by which time we decided that we wouldn’t have enough time to see much.

So instead we went to the British Museum. I’d been there once before, back in 2005 when I first moved to London. We wandered around the Assyrian artefacts section, the Rosetta stone and the Egyptian mummies. There was also a more recent display: the gold medals that will be awarded at the 2012 London Olympics and Paralympics.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's different - a museum display of something yet to be! (ie medals not yet won)
Christina