Well our experiments have gone so well that we had an extra day, so today Amanda and I drove down to Monterey. The weather was pretty horrendous though, so we basically had lunch, went to the aquarium, had a look around a few shops and drove back. The place must be packed in summer. Maybe it's having been on beamtime for the last 5 days, or maybe I'm just weary, but nothing really seemed all that fantastic today. I really am ready to go home.
I know I am definitely going to have to set aside more time for prayer and worshipping God if I am going to make it through this year. January is not even over yet, and I am already worn out. Yet the other day when I spent a few minutes in prayer and just contemplating eternity, I definitely felt strengthened. How I could do all this without God I have no idea. He is the One who has brought me to where I am today, and He is the only One who can sustain me in the future - that He has planned for me. Life doesn't have to be complicated; we only get one day at a time. "Therefore do not worry about tomorrow..." (Matt. 6:34)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment