Monday, January 7, 2008

Visiting CCMV friends

I just got back from staying with some good friends from Calvary Chapel Mountain View (CCMV) over the weekend. David and Inma are moving to Trinidad on Friday in obedience to what they believe God is showing them to do. I am excited for them! Anyway we had a good time catching up and hanging out.

Today (Sunday) we all went to church and I got to catch up with Lisa, Song-Hui, Regina and Kirill for lunch. It doesn't feel all that long since I left; but then again, it feels like ages. But there is something really cool about getting together with Christian friends, because there is a spiritual bond that is like no other. We really are family, and the relationships that we have will continue in the next life as well. When David and Inma picked me up I was obviously grinning like an idiot because they asked me why I was so happy (this being the day after my plane ordeal). The only thing I could say was, 'Because I didn't think I'd get to see you guys again until the Millennium...'

This is the way I want to live - to have an eternal perspective about things. So what if parliament is passing stupid laws; one day soon Jesus will be ruling and everything will be right. If I am sick, or someone I know is sick; soon we will have our resurrection bodies and never have to experience pain, tiredness, hunger, jet lag etc. again. If the world is at war and there is trouble everywhere you turn; soon the Prince of Peace will come and 'every knee will bow' to Him (Phil. 2:10).

This was also something that I felt while I was in London. I guess I had some pretty imaginative expectations of what it would be like (being 'mother England' and all) which were smashed basically as soon as I got there. I just wanted to leave; the overcrowding and rude people were just horrible. But I figured that I was only going to be there for two years, and then I get to go home. Two years... one hundred weeks... it's not really that long. It's manageable. Then I realised, this is like our life. We're only on this planet for a short time, in the grand scheme of things. And then, if we have trusted in Jesus Christ for salvation, we all get to go home.

1 comment:

Regina Eva said...

Sometimes I feel that I may have to wait until the next life to see my friends! Ah, let's try and do it in this life and in the meantime, "stay ready to go," as my mom says!