Boy, what a day...
Left Wellington at 4 pm to Auckland and then on to San Francisco. I remembered I had a complimentary lounge pass as part of my frequent flyer reward package, which expires in April, so I used it at Auckland, mainly just to see what it's all about. Uncomfortable chairs, loud-mouth Americans, and free food.
The flight to San Francisco was all fine except when it came time to land. The pilot had to abort his attempt because of severe wind shear, and we were diverted to Los Angeles. At which point we had to sit on the ground for about 2 hours while they decided what to do... Then they were saying we would have to wait another 2 hours for clearance into San Francisco, after which point the crew would have worked longer than is safe (18 hours), so they weren't sure what they were going to do about that. Anyway about 15 minutes after that announcement they came back and said we were cleared to leave immediately, so off we went.
When we finally landed at San Francisco there was a lot of clapping and cheering!! Then we had to wait forever for customs and bags, because everybody else had been delayed too so they had loads of flights all coming in at once.
Finally made it out to Stanford; now I am completely knackered and off to hit the sack.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment