Tuesday, January 15, 2008

All over Rover

The first set of experiments are done and my colleauges have just left for the airport. Wish I was going too... but it's only two more weeks to go. Fourteen days. 336 hours. I can handle that.

This week is starting to fill up with meetings and a couple of hours here or there on various beamlines (some preliminary experiments I offered to run for other people). I also need to prepare my talk to give at the different universities about synchrotron techniques and possibilities - can't use the same one as last year. I know what needs doing, but I'm a great procrastinator. Anyway let's aim to have it done by next Tuesday (when beamtime starts again).

The weather has finally cleared up after all that rain and other grotty stuff (that led to my flight dilemmas upon arrival), so it's looking hopeful for going hiking on Saturday with Mike et al.

No comments: