Yay! IRL approved the rest of my US travel, so that is a big load off my mind. From here on it's easy... book flights, car, accommodation, and go.
Yesterday I also went to get my jabs for the vaccinations I need for Kenya (Hep A and yellow fever). It ended up costing $330 but I guess it's a small price to pay (a) in terms of the total cost of the trip and (b) when you think of the consequences of actually contracting one of those diseases.
It still seems surreal to actually be going to Africa. Much like how I felt before the Israel trip - it only really sinks in when you get there. Seeing road signs in Hebrew; that was what did it for me.
More about the Kenya trip next time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Are you planning a trip to the US, Bridget?
Yes... should have let you know earlier! It still feel like it's ages away though - three whole weeks - and I have so much to do before I go...
The schedule:
17-24 Apr Chicago
24-30 Apr New York
30 Apr - 12 May Stanford
hope to see you when you're at Stanford, what a treat!
Post a Comment