Monday, March 3, 2008

6 weeks of normality coming up

That's right folks, six weeks before I get on another plane. I'm sure it will feel like an eternity - not.

The conference last week was ok. No doubt it would have been better if I had been in the mood for it. Instead I spent the time hanging out with people I knew, and met a couple of others who could prove to be useful contacts down the track. My talk was ok; I thought I could have done better but got lots of compliments anyway. So either it went better than I thought, or everybody else sucked. Possibly both.

I had planned to visit friends around Melbourne on the two weekends either side, but for a variety of reasons that didn't happen. So the first weekend I went shopping for some lightweight pants to use on the Kenya trip, and last weekend I went up to visit Auntie Barbara and the rellies at the Sunshine Coast. That was something a bit different and I'm glad I went.


Koala relaxing at Australia Zoo

Now I'm frantically trying to prepare things for Calvary Kids' Club on Wednesday night. Although looking at it, there's not really too much to do. It will be good to get into it though, and I am looking forward to it!

No comments: