Last Friday was the date of the most recent IRL quiz night. Some colleagues and I mustered a team that didn't do half bad - in fact we tied for first place! (Unfortunately we lost the sudden death question, which was: How many tons does Nelson's statue in Trafalgar Square weigh?)
A shame the Hurricanes couldn't do better than second in their semi-final game either. Oh well, there's always next year... or the year after... or...
Next week I'm off to Melbourne for 2 days - I have a 3-hour meeting at the synchrotron on Tuesday. It may seem like a bit of a waste of time but I've made arrangements to meet up with some other people while I'm there re: stuff for our next experiments there in July, which are going to take some considerable co-ordination of chemicals and equipment.
It's a bit scary in some ways because July seems so close already - and two weeks after I get back from there, Mum and I are off to Scotland & Ireland. Life is starting to be measured in weeks again... not that I'm complaining, really.
Oh - and by the way, the answer is 18. (We guessed 6.)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment