Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Bottom of the barrel



Well the last few weeks have been one of those times, full of little niggles that just sap you dry.

First I had all the hustle of organising a conference and then heading off straightaway to Melbourne for 4 days of beamtime. Cue no weekend, followed by a lazy Monday and not quite getting back into the groove of working a full week.

Then I had a number of issues at church, particularly with the kids' programme - discipline problems with one or two kids who just set off the rest. No joy for anybody, especially me. On top of that I had a run-in with somebody else at church which left me even more deflated. Can't seem to find any support for the issues that exist already, meanwhile there are even more icky things coming along that somehow fall on me to deal with.

Then there was badminton rep training on Sunday - following the church blow-up, I figured that smacking a shuttlecock around would be a productive vent of frustration. Instead it left me with a killer headache, and the combination of too much water and not enough food meant when I got home I couldn't decide if I wanted to eat or throw up.

Then yesterday I was reminded all the more sharply about my single-ness...

I know I need to take a step back and look at the bigger picture in all of this. In my head I know that where I am in terms of my job, ministry, and shall we say 'relationship status' is God's will for me right now. But it's a bit harder to bring my feelings into line with that.

It'd be nice to find a way out of this hole I'm in.

Or at least to make it through until August when I'll be on holiday with Mum for a month...

No comments: