Sunday, May 10, 2009

Looking up

Things are looking up from last week.

We had a leaders' meeting for CKC which helped my enthusiasm for that immensely.

Work is progressing well and I am getting on top of stuff there.

Badminton interclub competition started last week so with 3 nights per week dedicated to that I am getting fitter and faster (I hope!). Looks like I am in the division V team by default; our first match is on 6 June.

My youngest brother getting engaged last week, I am still trying to get my head around. On Saturday night I went around to Mum and Dad's to watch the rugby, and felt like the seventh wheel. When I arrived everyone was playing Cranium in couples. Then sat together in couples and so it goes. Even Bob the cat wouldn't keep me company.
Our family has all been invited to the future in-laws' for lunch next weekend and I am not ready for it.
I had some advice from a close friend in an email who basically said, yeah, it hurts, but God has a purpose in all things. I just hope I can figure out what that is. In the meantime try to keep myself busy and not dwell on things.

No comments: