Monday, July 14, 2008

Next trip - starting tomorrow

I mentioned already that I have another trip coming up.

Tomorrow it's off to Stanford for 2 days before heading on up to New Hampshire for a conference.
This is my first taste of being an invited speaker. Exciting!

The conference program is rather interesting. Every afternoon we get 3 hours of free time (with organised activities). The one I am most looking forward to is the 'Europe vs. the rest of the world' soccer match. Other activities include kayaking, hiking, golf etc. The conference sessions are held in the morning and the evening, and there is an emphasis on discussion over merely presenting your results.

So tomorrow morning will be spent tidying up the house and packing...

4 comments:

Regina Eva said...

does this mean we are on the same continent again?

Bridget said...

Yes!

Regina Eva said...

exciting! i've been doing homework for the first time in 10 years and i'm not a happy camper! still hope to at least talk on the phone while you are here.

Bridget said...

Hi Regina, I tried to call you with no luck. Sorry about that and hope the message I left sounded at least a little bit coherent?!