In November last year I took part in a few competitions at the Cook Strait regional rally, held in Hastings. I came first in CPL low flying and second in the aerobatics primary sequence. This meant I qualified to compete at the nationals, which were held in Timaru in early March. Another couple of club members also qualified by coming first in their respective competitions. It's the first time for a while that Kapiti aero club has had a team compete at the nationals.
It was an awesome trip - 5 days, 13.8 flying hours, lots of fun.
The view from 10,000 ft, flying IFR (instrument flight rules) to Christchurch and then on to Timaru.
The team: Scott (instructor), Mohamad, me, Peter, Simon.
Several competitions involve trying to land in a 10 m long box. It's not easy!
The day after the aerobatics competitions, Scott, Mohamad and I went for a scenic flight, starting with Timaru - Fairlie - Lake Tekapo...
... Mount Cook...
... Tasman Glacier...
... landing at Omarama, before heading back to Timaru.
The following day Simon took me for a blat in his own aircraft. This is the view I had of the aircraft parking, while we were taking off.
Towering cumulus over Twizel.
Peter and Simon getting in some last minute calculation practise for their precision navigation competition (which unfortunately couldn't take place due to fog).
View of Christchurch and Banks Peninsula from 9,000 ft - again flying IFR back to Paraparam.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)











No comments:
Post a Comment