Wednesday, March 25, 2015

'Twas the night before surgery

I haven't felt too bad this past week, until driving home from work tonight, having tidied my office and set up an email autoreply to inform people I wouldn't be checking my email for the next 10 days or so. Then the butterflies hit - millions of them, big fat heavy ones, all flapping their wings in my stomach at once.

I managed to stomach dinner - my last solid food for a while.

My bag is mostly packed for tomorrow. I was going to try to get the Sunday school lesson for this week planned tonight, but it's pretty difficult to concentrate. At some point soon I'm going to have to go to bed and try and get some sleep.

I don't understand why I'm so nervous about this. In my head, I know that in the long run it's the best thing. I know that the short term won't be particularly fun, but it is only temporary. I think it's mainly fear of the unknown - will I wake up with the disc back in place, or without it?

I have to be at the hospital by 7 a.m. tomorrow. So my next posting will be sometime after the surgery.

No comments: