Sunday, April 27, 2014

South Island day 23: Kaikoura to home

The good thing about autumn is you don’t have to get up super early to see the sunrise.




Not much to report on the rest of the day: we drove from Kaikoura to Picton, had lunch, and got the ferry back to Wellington. Again it was a pretty smooth crossing.

Once I got back home I collated all the GPS data. Here are the totals:
Driving: 2599.5 km
Biking: 325.2 km (of which the rail trail was 268.5 km)
Walking: 8 km (we did more than this, but most of the time they were such short walks I left the GPS in the car)
Boats: 452.3 km
Shuttles: 337.6 km (i.e. other people driving us)
Trains: 77.2 km
Planes: 129.1 km (not counting the helicopter ride at Franz Josef; I forgot to take the GPS)

Total: 4197.4 km!

So that's all folks. Until next time. We will be back, as we have unfinished business with the Milford track...

No comments: