I’ll try and update this blog as often as I can, i.e. as often as we have reasonably priced (preferably free) internet, while we’re away. Some places it just won’t be possible. Did I mention that we are walking the Milford Track?
Here is a map of roughly where we are going. Colour codes are as follows:
Red: Interisland ferry crossing. The part we will both be glad to get out of the way.
Blue: Driving. This line according to Google maps is 2,256 km. I’ll see how that compares with the GPS!
Orange: Milford Track. 53 km of spectacular scenery that we will walk over 4 days from 10-13 April.
Pink: Day trip to Stewart Island, so we can say we’ve been...
Yellow: Otago Central Rail Trail. Biking 160 km of completely different scenery from 20-25 April. Raewyn’s parents will join us for this.

Other highlights will be:
- Heli-hiking the Franz Josef glacier
- Mountain biking in Wanaka
- Mountain biking in Queenstown
- Glow worm caves in Te Anau
- Day trip to Manapouri and Doubtful Sound
- Various sights in the Catlins
No comments:
Post a Comment