1. I finally got the kitchen finished by having the tiling done for the splashback. I'm enjoying the kitchen very, very much and am glad that people (i.e. Mum) convinced me to actually do something about updating it!
2. The Association of Women in Sciences (AWIS) conference presentation, which I was invited to do, went better than I was expecting. No nasty questions about how hard-done-by women are... I also got interviewed for Unlimited magazine - the online articles can be found here and here.
3. The day after the AWIS conference I gave a whole day workshop for the MacDiarmid Institute emerging scientists association (MESA) on synchrotron techniques. I really enjoyed myself, there was a great turnout, and people seemed interested the whole day. The handouts and lectures (all six of them, should you want to listen!) are also online, here.
4. My friend Alison was in town from the US for a week. Last Sunday after church we had a potluck and games afternoon, which involved a Wii tournament... lots of fun and everyone seemed to enjoy themselves. I also took some time off work to spend with her, so it was nice to have a bit of a break! We talked lots, drove up to the Kapiti coast one day, and saw a few things in Wellington. Hopefully she'll be able to come back again sometime soon.
Wii team canoeing challenge
A game for everyone involving balloons... hilarious :)


No comments:
Post a Comment