Tuesday, August 16, 2011

More snow

First there was snow on the hills. Then on Sunday, we had this slushy stuff falling out of the sky, right here in Lower Hutt. Monday we had real flurries, that settled in the hills (like at Al's place) but on the valley floor it was more like hail. I took a detour to work via the hill suburb of Kelson...


Then about 3:30 pm today we had some real snow that actually settled. About 3-4 cm at my place, I reckon. Sure it's a far cry from the 50 cm being reported in Christchurch, but this is the first time it's happened here in living memory. Enjoy the pictures... (click on them to see larger images)

I think it's time to leave work!

Back yard

Front yard

Looking south along the Hutt River trail (stopbank) from Percy Cameron St

My street, and my house

My street - letterboxes all covered with snow

My favourite arty shot of the day!


No comments: