Once again I have forfeited the good ol' kiwi summer to come to Stanford for some synchrotron experiments. Everything's going well so far - samples arrived on time from two different sources, I've arrived safely, and meeting up with friends is all going to plan. The airline didn't lose my bags and I haven't pranged the rental car. They even gave me a GPS with it. The only thing I forgot was the US cash that work gave me a week beforehand, but I discovered in time and was able to get some more at the airport.
Strange to think that this time in a week I will be heading home again - there's so much to get done between now and then!
Lastly - I shared a plane (and the koru lounge) with some minor celebrities called the NZ rugby sevens team and entourage. Photo proof.
1 comment:
Hope you also brought a coat!
Post a Comment