Saturday, January 2, 2010

Happy New Year 2010!

A big hello to all of you in cyber-world reading this. As is my habit, yesterday I spent a bit of time reflecting on 2009, which naturally led to thinking about 2010. Perhaps the scariest thought is that I'll be 30 this year. But we'll cross that bridge when we get to it, and try not to feel old in the meantime!

One of the things for this year is that I feel like I have a new lease on life church-wise. I was recently stood down from all ministry activities in the church I have been attending for the last 2 1/2 years, and it gave me time to reflect. In the end I realised that I didn't agree with the governance structure (or at least, their interpretation of it) and I've decided to move on and start a new chapter. There are pretty slim pickings for standard Sunday churches around here, but not to worry because I'm part of a home fellowship group that meets every Friday. I've prayed a lot about this and I really feel that God is going to do something awesome through that group. Now I'm just praying that He will give somebody in it the vision that He wants to achieve. I am also beginning to realise how I've been stuck in a spiritual rut for the last few years, so it's all quite exciting really.

Other things coming up in the near future, I'm going to be involved in writing a significant chunk of a major ($2.4m) funding bid at work, which is a big responsibility. On another note there's Stu and Nicola's wedding at the end of January, and on another is the Trailwalker in April. Finally, about the only thing I would count as a new year's resolution would be to visit a friend in Perth sometime this year.

No comments: