Over the last 4 years or so I've been working on a computer program that would be of interest to both the neutron and x-ray user communities (as well as being quite useful), so I opted to talk on that. I managed to get a reasonably stable version of the program ready for uploading to the IRL website before the Tekapo trip, and I prepared the talk at the same time. However I didn't have time to practise it until I arrived in Sydney. Just as well my presentation time had been scheduled for the last day. After having about 5 practise runs, I managed to get through it in the right amount of time without too many 'um's or 'don't say that you idiot's. On the day it all went down rather well which was a relief. Getting invited to speak at meetings is a big deal and it looks good on one's CV.
From here on it's just a matter of winding down to the end of the year. This week has been quite productive; next week in between the various Christmas functions I hope to be able to tidy off a lot of loose ends.
In case I don't find the time to write here again before Christmas (or in case you don't have the time to read) let me finish by wishing you all a merry Christmas and happy new year.

A picture of my house; although anyone living locally should really drive past as photos taken at night seldom do justice!
No comments:
Post a Comment