So I realise it's almost a month that's gone past since I last wrote anything on this blog. Personally I blame Facebook. You see, it feels like not much has happened that's worth writing about, but then I have managed to put something over there every day. Mostly drivel, so I'm wondering how much longer to keep at it. The other option is to refrain from posting any status at all - I mean, who really needs to know that I brought a blanket to work, or that I just finished a huge packet of pineapple lumps? I refuse to join Twitter, but isn't it all the same thing - e-noise? Maybe I'll use the trip to Scotland and Ireland in August to see how I go on a month without posting a status.
I'm also thinking that I need to spend more time digesting the Word, and I find the best way to do that is to write stuff down. It helps keep me focused on the task at hand. So I could develop that and use the blog as a platform for sharing.
Anyway, a few things from last month:
I had a trip to Feilding for my first ever tie with the Hutt Valley Div V rep team. Won my singles and lost a ladies' doubles in 3 sets and a mixed doubles in 2. It was a long day but I managed to listen to a couple of sermons on my ipod and write down some ideas for CKC for next term.
Last weekend Stuart was desperate for some company to go snowboarding, so against my better judgement I said I'd give it a go. After my last (and only) experience skiing, where I failed miserably and said 'I'm never doing that again', I found the snowboarding much easier. After 2 1/2 hours or so, when we paused for lunch, I realised just how bruised my knees were and decided it would be better to take the gear back (and get a refund on the rental) than to carry on. It all worked out rather well - only $35 for a morning. I might even try it again some time.
Next month I'll be in Melbourne again for three weeks. Three experiments; the second of which has been almost a year in the planning. We had a meeting of the entire project team on Friday which was very productive. Hopefully we will get some good results.
Then I have two weeks back at home before heading off with Mum to Scotland and Ireland for a month. It still feels ages away; undoubtedly because of the Melbourne trip which has been occupying my mind.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I've quit posting my status on facebook. I'm not really certain why I care if people know where I am, or what I'm doing....
:-)
Russ
Post a Comment