I'm currently in Melbourne for synchrotron experiments, having finished one and have two more to go in the next 10 days or so.
The first ones were conceptually simple but we still had problems trying to get them to work. Even so I think the data we collected will be enough for a nice publication.
The ones coming up this weekend were always going to be much harder. And late yesterday I received an email from the others who are coming over to say that there appear to be some problems with the setup... all very frustrating (especially since we had to previously cancel beamtime on these experiments)! So we have just under 3 days to figure out how to make things work.
The last ones will be something completely different and in a sense I'm just coming along for the ride. A new user wants to look at the distribution of Se in broccoli. So this will be my first time on the XFM beamline - should be a useful experience.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment