Well hello yet again from Stanford, and once again I'm working nutty hours at the beamline. We have two weeks this time, with a little bit of a re-shuffle which will give us an extra day in between the two separate experiments.
These ones are looking at coalescence of gold nanoparticles and how fast it happens at different temperatures. The results make a very nice story so far which is always good!
Yesterday we completed a set of experiments we had planned to do with the starting configuration, and after swapping to a new setup (longer sample-detector length) found that things weren't working the way they were supposed to. It turned out to be two rather trivial issues which the beamline scientist should have known about, but didn't do anything to correct it. We finally managed to get everything in some semblance of working order at about midnight, at which point I had my (microwave) dinner and went to bed, leaving my colleague to start an experiment.
This morning I tried making things even better and I think I succeeded. Which means we'll have to repeat the experiment that was run last night, but that's not a big deal. We have oodles of time.
On the plus side the weather has been great here for this time of year. It hasn't rained since I arrived and hasn't been all that cold.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment