I've been struggling with my internet connection ever since getting it set up, back in October/November last year. I learnt fairly quickly that it's useless trying to call the Slingshot 'help' desk - they always seemed to think there was something wrong with the way I was connecting it (no!) or something wrong with the phone line (no!). The actual problem was the modem THEY sent me.
Dad lent me another modem, which would take about half an hour to connect, but at least once it did the connection would stay up for about an hour on average - much better than the 2 minutes the el cheapo Slingshot modem would. But getting that connection was driving me nuts, so yesterday I splashed out $130 on a new modem/router - wireless too (why not).
It took half an hour initial set up to get my computer to talk to it, and now it is working fantastically.
What's on today: soccer at Kilbirnie vs. Marist (the team I was kind of asked to play for). The weather hasn't delivered the rain promised, so the only thing stopping things will be if we don't get enough players and have to default. Again.
UPDATE: Soccer was defaulted. And it's raining now, so it wouldn't have been all that fun anyway.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment