Friday, August 1, 2008

I never knew I had so many 'friends'

That's right, I finally succumbed and signed up on facebook. Everyone I used to hang out with while I was at Calvary Chapel Mountain View was getting into it, so I'll blame it on them :)

As Al wrote on his blog a while back, it's a 'productive waste of time'. You can literally spend hours typing in names of people you used to know, and scrolling through hundreds of matches and trying to guess which 'Sarah Nicholson' you are looking for. Not that I'm looking for a Sarah Nicholson.

Still, I find the generic label 'friend' a bit off-putting, since I didn't have (m)any friends at school. And, I'm not clicking on people just because I recognise their name. As for the various applications and 'play against your friends' things, please don't feel offended if I decline your invitations... I'm trying hard not to waste any more time on there than I have to.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

MySpace is the same... a 'productive waste of time'.

Still, I broke down today and got a Facebook account as well. It's cleaner than MySpace and is apparently the social network of choice at the seminary.

God bless!
http://gospelliving.blogspot.com