One week on and the swelling is getting noticeably less, although there is still some there. The side of my head just above the ear feels quite tender, like it is bruised.
The steri-strips came off today so I can show you the actual stitch for the first time. However I can't quite figure out where it actually goes. Maybe it will become clear when the specialist takes it out on Tuesday.
Last Tuesday I think it was (day 5) I attempted to go for a walk. I made it to the end of the block and had to turn around and come back. A total distance of maybe 1 km at the most. That was really demoralising - thinking how impossible it was to contemplate running or biking at present. Today (day 8) I managed to get around the block, which would normally take around 20 minutes. I did it in 26 so not too bad. I don't know why walking around outside is so tiring - possibly because of the jarring and having to concentrate on every step.
Raewyn has gone up to the Hawkes Bay to visit her parents for Easter. A couple of weeks ago she asked if I wanted to go, but I declined because I didn't know how I'd be feeling. I'm glad I did - I would have struggled with 4 hours each way in a car, and then be pretty much housebound while I was there. At the moment it's best to be at home, or at least no more than a short drive away.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment