So it's only one week until we do our marathon walk for Bridge of Hope!
Last night we had our fundraising quiz, which went really well. We had 7 teams, an interesting collection of people who are, I think it's safe to say, never going to be in the same room again: three teams from church, one team from my work, one team of my brothers and a couple from their home group, one team of my mum and dad's neighbours, one team of some people I knew from badminton and their friends!
It's been quite overwhelming the amount of support that I've had. I found fundraising for the Oxfam trailwalker walk quite hard, and made a little over $600 which was the bare minimum. I was expecting people to be less generous this time because most of them wouldn't have heard of Gospel for Asia or Bridge of Hope - and I was fully expecting some people not to support me because it's a Christian orgnaisation. But so far the two of us have raised over $3000 with a pretty even split, which is awesome for the cause (and humbling at the same time)!
Now that the quiz is over, which I was thinking to make the culmination of my fundraising efforts, I can relax a bit - and concentrate on walking a marathon next Saturday!
(Speaking of which, I'm not sure how this is supposed to work, but there is a 'walker tracking' page which will be available on the day, so you can track our progress through each of the pit stops.
http://www.thebridge.net.au/eventw/tb_event.html )
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment