Thursday, October 7, 2010

Queen Charlotte, here we come

Tomorrow, early, a bunch of us from work are taking the ferry down to the Marlborough Sounds, ultimately for our annual nanoparticle meeting between the research groups at IRL, Vic, and Canterbury. There are 14 of us who are getting to the venue (the Portage) via the Queen Charlotte walkway. I'm looking forward to it, even though 14 could be quite a big group and the weather is meant to be showery. Anyway the walking should take us 2 1/2 days, then the meeting is 2 days including a quiz on Monday night, which I'm also looking forward to... So here's hoping for smooth sailing on the ferry (definitely not my strong point) and that I'm able to exercise some patience and longsuffering with people in the group whom I'm expecting might get on my nerves from time to time!

Photos to follow...

No comments: