Yay! Two weeks away from my computer, off to Aussie for some more experiments. These ones aren't too exciting; two days of measuring sample after sample. The first is helping some new users from Victoria University (Wellington) look at nanoparticles coated on plastics; the second is part of some ongoing work with our collaborators at Cambridge University (UK) looking at fuel cell catalyst materials.
These finish on Thursday, and the following Thursday and Friday there's a workshop on at Melbourne Uni that would be really useful for me to go to. It's about a new X-ray scattering technique that would help a lot of the projects I'm working on. But work was loathe to pay for accommodation for me in between, almost as loathe as they were for me to come back and fly across a second time. So I'm taking a week of annual leave to visit a friend in Perth. It'll be my first time there and also our first time actually meeting in person (we 'met' on the Chuck Missler internet message boards about 7 or 8 years ago). I'm excited and I know she is too! Now I just need to figure out what clothes to pack...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment