Friday, December 28, 2007

End of the year (2007)

It was a quiet few months to end the year - writing papers, planning the next round of synchrotron experiments that will begin in January. I will be at SSRL (Stanford, CA) for basically all of January. February I have a series of seminars to give around the various universities, on NZ Synchrotron Group business; as well as my (and possibly 'the') first user beamtime on the XRD line at the Australian Synchrotron. We're in the process at the moment of hiring somebody to take up the post-doc position at Stanford that I left, so the plan is for him to come over for those experiments. Then in the last week of February I have another trip to Melbourne for a nanotech conference. Just as it has been for the last two years, time is starting to be measured in weeks again - two weeks until this, four weeks there, one week doing that, etc.


The Australian Synchrotron, in Melbourne

No comments: