Friday, June 10, 2011

All done

Wednesday this week turned out to be rather exciting, even though I was at home sick with a cold. I had a phone call about 9:00 from the electrician's office, asking if it would be ok for him to come around. I said the last time he had come he said the builder had to do something first but it wasn't clear to me what he expected to be done; the office lady said she would ask him to get in touch with the builder directly. Then about 10:30 there was a knock at the door. It was the electrician, who said he was in the area and thought he'd stop by to see if things were ready for him to finish off. It turns out that he was waiting for the units to be installed (I'd been making a distinction between the builder, being the guy from Tradeskills who removed the kitchen and patched a few things up, and the installer, being a different guy who, well, installed the units). So within about an hour he was able to put in a new plug for the microwave, replace the plug for the fridge, and put a new plug on for the phone jack. Then at 1:00 the installer arrived to do the final touches: attach the handles and seal the bench. When he was just about finished the plumber arrived, he had a few hurdles in fixing up the tap, but everything has worked out nicely in the end.

So now I finally have a new kitchen!





... with stuff in it!

No comments: