I arrived back home yesterday, having managed to get 7 hrs of unbroken sleep on the flight from San Francisco to Auckland. The day before that we had packed up, cruised around the Stanford campus for a few hours, and eventually driven out to the airport. The intensity of working basically every waking moment for 6 days straight, after a previous 4 days including a single 23-hr stint, has definitely caught up with both of us. I slept for 11 hrs last night which is a lot for me. Today I'm feeling a bit better, but it is only 9:30 in the morning! Still, I am glad I decided to take the day off, because my brain is really not in gear to do any serious work. I'm thinking it might be fine for weeding and scrubbing the front fence - both of which need doing.
While we were at SSRL we were interviewed for the SLAC daily e-newsletter. I'll post the link as soon as it appears - should be sometime this week.
This weekend a bunch of us from work are aiming to tramp the Southern Crossing (from Otaki Forks to Kaitoke). So this afternoon I will have to pack again, but at least I won't need to take my passport and electrical adapters :)
Oh, and the SAXS experiments worked soooo much better than the XRD, which is a bit of a shame but there's not much we can do about it. Now we have over 200 GB of data to analyse so that will keep us busy for the next few months.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment