So it's that time of year again - short days, cold days, wet days, snuggle up in front of the TV days. Despite all of that things are going reasonably well at the moment. I don't have any trips planned for a while; at work I have two rather huge mountains of data to analyse which is a bit overwhelming at times but I am running out of other things to do in procrastination.
In other news, it looked like I was about to inherit a cat from my next-door-neighbour, who agreed to look after it for someone for 'a couple of weeks'. Nearly two months later she'd had enough, and although it was a really nice-looking and affectionate cat, I thought with the amount of travel I have to do at times, it wouldn't be fair to the poor thing for me to take it in. Fortunately Stu and Nicola were thinking of getting one, so last weekend they came by to pick it up. I hope it's able to settle in quickly as it sounds like the first few days were a bit frustrating for them. Nothing out of the ordinary though: cat won't eat, hides under the bed most of the day, etc. It'll take a few weeks to adjust - I just hope they'll stick it out.
Our first badminton reps tie is at Feilding this Saturday. I'll be going up even though I'm only the reserve and have no guarantee of playing, but there's a bug going around the team so you never know. Interclub is going well too, although none of my team mates have given me any money for the shuttles yet.
Finally winter also means it'll be my birthday soon... and since this year is a significant one, I've invited a bunch of people from church and from work (should be an interesting combo there) and asked Mum to organise something...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment