Well I have a bunch of stuff that keeps getting put off and as a result they don't get done. Here's what I'd like to get done this weekend (if I had infinite time):
1. Finish painting the window frames of the house. Especially since we're starting to get into autumn, with more days windy and rainy than not - i.e. not conducive painting weather.
2. Clean my house. I can't remember the last time I vacuumed, and I can see the dust on the sideboard so that needs doing too. In the meantime I'm trying not to brush it too much, because then it becomes really obvious. It's not a big job but it involves moving all my knick-knacks and then putting them back, which is annoying.
3. Weed spraying in the front lawn. And they said, Let the weeds be gone and let green grass appear. And it was so.
4. Getting everything ready for CKC next week. This is probably what I will be doing all weekend - cutting out 120 cardboard people shapes for a craft.
5. Weeding in my flower garden. Sometimes therapeutic - an activity that doesn't require any brain power whatsoever.
6. Tidying the house. Find a place for every piece of paper on the table to live, and every bag or piece of clothing lying on the floor. But then I wouldn't be able to find anything.
7. Back up my computer. It's been a while. Also sort out all the sermon files that I've listened to and copy some more over from my super-sized external hard drive to listen to next.
8. Go for a run or a bike ride. But if it's fine I'll feel guilty for not painting, see #1.
9. Start planning next term's activities for CKC. And the holiday programme for (eek!) three weeks' time.
10. Wash my car. It's filthy. And it needs to go for a warrant next weekend.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Ok so I actually had a reasonably productive weekend:
1. I'm going to pay Al to help me with this, since I'd like it to be done and he needs the money.
2. Done! :)
3. Next week - the lawnmower man came.
4. Partially done. 140 cardboard people all cut out (after about 5 person-hours work - thanks Mum!)
5. Not yet.
6. Done. :)
7. Done!
8. Did this on Sunday, to vent my frustrations from a meeting we had after church. But it's still on my list to do tomorrow.
9. Not yet. I don't have infinite time.
10. Car washed and passed its warrant. (Tip: VTNZ has no queue at 4:30 pm on Fridays!)
re no 5, I loved weeding the garden over summer when I was studying for exams: quite the opposite of studying, weeding takes no mental effort, and you get to see physical results! So satisfying after hours slaving over study notes and textbooks.
I managed to get a little bit of weeding done yesterday afternoon when I got home from work... and actually discovered some real plants under there!
Post a Comment