Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Christmas is coming!

On the ninth day before Christmas, I looked at my diary:
Seven people to email
Six tasks to do
Five days of cricket
Four important meetings
Three days left at work
Two Christmas lunches
And a pizza party tomorrow

Hey, at least I've finished all my Christmas shopping. Including for myself (can't resist a bargain) - check this out:



I know my hands often look huge in photos, but not this time. My new cute little Acer Aspire One arrived today. Since I've got that CKC pizza & games night to plan for tomorrow, I'm trying to resist the urge to play with it too much. I have 200 toothpicks to hide around the house (actually, I've hidden most of them - about 25 to go and there are not many hiding places left!)

In other news, the Kenya DVD is now finished and in the process of mass production (i.e. Al making 20-odd copies). By the way if anyone would like one, $10 each plus postage ($4.50 within NZ) with all proceeds going to Childfund. Just send me an email. For those who went on the trip, it'll arrive in time for Christmas, which is a bonus.

Three days left at work and then I am on annual leave from 20 December until 11 January (three weeks' break). Then the travelling starts again: on 14 Jan I'm off to Stanford for 2 weeks and once I get back to NZ we have a biannual conference in Dunedin. Anyway more about that later.

The Christmas production went. I won't say it went well, because it didn't, and I won't say it went badly, because it didn't. We messed up more than a few of the lines (I say 'we', because I had to stand in for some of the parts). But the main thing is all the kids had fun, and the dance was probably the best part.

No comments: