
The last few days I've spent down in Geelong visiting a friend, blobbing out between last weekend's experiments and this weekend's. Last night he took me along to rock climbing. I was trying to remember the last time I did any, and it must be at least 6 years ago.
Intellectually, I know what you're supposed to do: use your legs to push yourself up and your hands to keep from falling off. But when you get half-way up a wall and you can't see where you're putting your feet, it all turns to custard. There were some climbs where I didn't make it all the way to the top, and others that I did, so all in all it was quite enjoyable.
I'm paying the price for my efforts today though - although the good news is that my collarbone has given me zero grief over it.
On the way driving back to Melbourne, I had a slight detour to the RAAF museum at Point Cook. I thought it was excellent - well laid out and a good display of different aircraft and other exhibits.
Now I'm back at the synchrotron (internet access! yay!) and checking that all our samples and chemicals etc. we need for this weekend have arrived. The student will arrive sometime tomorrow, then it's all on. But if everything works, we should get some fantastic (i.e. immediately publishable) results...
No comments:
Post a Comment