So it's about a week since I got back. Work has been going well and I caught up with Karen and Katie Pasanen on Sunday afternoon (hi if you're reading!). Tomorrow being Waitangi Day is a welcome holiday and I have lots of plans already.
But the difference this week is that I scrapped the 'Bible study' I was doing, and went back to the routine I've had for about the last 2 years but haven't been doing for about 4 months. It's just reading a couple of chapters a day (Old Testament and a Psalm in the morning, New Testament in the evening) that goes through the OT once and NT and Psalms twice in 320 days. [If anyone wants a copy I would love to share it with you...]
The Word really is 'living and active' (Heb. 4:12). It 'will not return void' (Isa. 55:11). And I'm already noticing the difference in just a week of reading it again on a regular basis, just letting it wash over and cleanse me. Yes I do struggle to concentrate on it at times, and I have to be conscious not to skim over the familiar passages. But I am being built up in my spirit, and my perspective is changing. Perhaps reminiscent of when I got back to cycling to work in London and initially feeling rather unfit, but quickly getting back into the routine. I've allowed myself to get a bit unfit spiritually, but I've figured out how to start correcting things!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment